« Previous issue December 15, 2006 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

December 15,

2006

TED Can Help You Out of the Box

Thereis a place where the people with the brainpower and creativity to step outside of the traditional thinking box go. Itis a place where innovative minds inspire each other, where think-leaders gather to unveil their fresh ideas. You, too, can go there n without leaving the comfort of your room.

Visit TED (www.ted.com). Short for Technology, Entertainment and Design, TED is an invitation-only annual event where the worldis most creative people interact to celebrate and spur on unique perspectives and ideas. In fact, it's where the oh-so-cool Macintosh computer and the compact disc were introduced to the world many moons ago.

Lucky for us not-yet-invited, still-developing-our-extraordinariness people, TED has an extensive web site that people like us may explore to push our creativity. Click on the iHighlightsi tab and view artist Vik Munizis portraits made with sugar, listen to Jane Goodall talk about chimpanzees using computers, or check out how Bill Grossis Sunflower turns sunlight into electricity.

You can also click on the iTED Talksi link to find longer videos of past speakers. We like Bonois talk about Africa, photographer Ed Burtynskyis sharing of his 3 wishes, and Jeff Hanis demonstration of his touch-driven computer screen. Poke around and find ones that inspire you.

Let your imagination go wild in the world of TED, and in no time thinking outside of the box will become second nature.

email:

extraink@teenink.com

phone:

617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.com

Sign up for our Email Newsletter

Get the word out about Extra Ink. Send it to your friends using

the link below.

Extra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to

email us your thoughts.