« Previous issue November 24, 2006 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

November 24,

2006

Let's Love One Another

Although before your time, do you remember the song iGet Togetheri by the Youngbloods? Itis that 1960s peace-and-love anthem that urges all of us to love one another. What better way to get over your post-turkey lethargy than by taking action to make loving one another a modern reality?

You can do so by applying for a grant at Tolerance.org. This organization will give $500 to youth-directed programs that challenge social boundaries in schools and communities. If you have a creative way to break down the walls that keep everybody from getting together, then go to tolerance.org/teens/grants, complete the application, and send it in. Youill hear back from Tolerance.org within four weeks.

In addition to offering grants, Tolerance.org is a valuable resource, which describes itself as ia principal online destination for people interested in dismantling bigotry and creating, in hateis stead, communities that value diversity.i Here, you can learn about Mix It Up at Lunch, swap ideas and opinions with other student activists, or keep informed about current events relating to tolerance. Donit just sing about loving one another n live it. Tolearnce.org can help.

email:

extraink@teenink.com

phone:

617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.com

Sign up for our Email Newsletter

Get the word out about Extra Ink. Send it to your friends using

the link below.

Extra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to

email us your thoughts.