« Previous issue October 20, 2006 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

October 20,

2006

Ditch Your Old Cell Phone

Thinking about upgrading that old clunker of a cell phone for a newer, sleeker version? It's understandable; we all want to stay connected in style. But before you say sayonara to that outdated piece of technology, check out the Charitable Recycling Program (www.charitablerecycling.com) and ditch your old cell phone responsibly.

In exchange for being a good person and sending in your old cell phone, the Charitable Recycling Program will give money to a charity of your choice, no matter the phone's condition. Once CRP receives your old cell phone, it meets one of four destinies. The phone is either donated to a shelter for abused adults and children, given to medical patients awaiting organ transplants, refurbished for use in parts of the world where there are no land lines, or disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner.

And if you want to take it to the next level by organizing a cell phone collection drive, CRP provides complimentary shipment boxes and starter kits as well as free shipping for fifty or more cell phones.

You know what they say: out with the old, in with the new. Go ahead and get in with the new cell with all the latest, hottest features. And let the Charitable Recycling Program help you get out with the old responsibly.

email:

extraink@teenink.com

phone:

617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.com

Sign up for our Email Newsletter

Get the word out about Extra Ink. Send it to your friends using

the link below.

Extra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to

email us your thoughts.