« Previous issue October 13, 2006 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

October 13,

2006

Tough Choices

Life is full of tough choices: Stay together or break up? IM or text? Coffee or tea? Take Andy, a jazzier dancer, or Larry, a snappier dresser, to the prom? When it comes to entertainment - movies, DVDs, television, music, books and games - make the choice easier with metacritic.com

Metacritic provides a report card for entertainment items by combining individual critic scores and giving each item an overall grade (out of 100). Recently released on DVD, “United 93” earned an outstanding 93, and despite its cooler than cool title, “Snakes on a Plane” scored only an average 58.

Metacritic includes excerpts from each of the reviews (Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, etc.) used to calculate the item’s score with the option to read the full review. In addition, site visitors can rate and review any of the entertainment items posted on the site. After giving Paris Hilton’s album “Paris” a zero rating, one site visitor posted the following comment: “nonobadmakeitstop!”

Let metacritic.com help you make an informed decision about what movie to watch, book to read, music to listen to, or game to play. And you can go back to more of life’s tough choices: Stay up late to study or sleep? Pepperoni or plain? Laugh or cry?

email:

extraink@teenink.com

phone:

617.964.6800

web:

http://www.teenink.com

Sign up for our Email Newsletter

Get the word out about Extra Ink. Send it to your friends using

the link below.

Extra Ink welcomes feedback and suggestions. Feel free to

email us your thoughts.