Summers to Remember | Teen Ink

Summers to Remember

June 7, 2018
By sophiamccauley BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
sophiamccauley BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Every teenager’s favorite time of the year is their summer vacation. They are completely stress free, no worries about tests or quizzes, and they do not have to wake up early every weekday morning. The last day of school is the day that all students dream of as soon as they start their first day in September. It is their ultimate goal for the 180 days they are in school. They go through nearly 10 months of learning and exams just for two months of a relaxing break.

With summer coming up, many teens are already starting to establish plans. Personally, I have started as well; I am going to a music festival, The Governors Ball, in June, and this is my first festival ever. I am thrilled to see all of my favorite artists in one spot, in one day. Along with that, there will be delicious food, and I will be with all of my friends. We will take pictures of ourselves, and the performers and post them on social media to remember the start to the summer of 2018.

I am also doing something I have done every year since I can remember, going to the beach house. Although it is not my beach house, it is a family member’s. There is never a dull moment down the shore, whether it is just for the day or for the weekend. With almost an entire side of my family down there at once, it can get to be chaotic, but that is what makes it so much fun. I have so many memories there, for example when my godmother got engaged there, and this summer I can make new memories with my godson. My cousins and I walk down to the beach and spend the day there together. We throw sand on each other, and push one another under water. Although crazy, my family is part of what makes the summer so much fun.

This summer I will also be traveling on a school trip to England, Ireland, and Scotland. It will be my first time going to Europe, and my first trip overseas without my parents. I will be going with some of my friends who also get this amazing opportunity, along with some other students in other grades. Trying new foods, seeing new sights, being in places I have only seen on the internet, are just some of the things that I am looking forward to. Going on any vacation over the summer is an wonderful experience, but going with my friends and an entire group of people who are my age to new places none of us have been before is going to be a real adventure.

Although summer is about adventuring, there will be the relaxing days when I can just sit at home with my dog, watch Netflix and tan in my backyard. Despite how much summer is about going on adventures, it is important to me to have these days so that I can regain my energy for the next day when I will be off on another experience with my friends and family. Summer is the time of the year where everyone has the most freedom and feels the best, and I cannot wait for all of the memories.