Only Success | Teen Ink

Only Success

April 24, 2017
By Abhi_jsa BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Abhi_jsa BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Love the haters, they’re your biggest fans.”

Most people look at the final product of successful people, such as their house, car, or clothes. Once they do this, they think of the people as elite people who are out of their reach what most don’t see is what the elite people have overcome. They don’t realize that these “elite” people were once just like you, going through daily rejections, failures, and the criticism just trying to make their dream a reality.


There is one main difference between the ones who don’t succeed and the ones who do is that the people who did succeed, showed up every day, worked their butt off every day, learned from their mistakes, and never quit. This elite kept going even when they felt like quitting. They kept working through their hardest times, despairs, and tragedies. These steps made them who they are today.


The most important tip for people to take with them is, “I will succeed, maybe not immediately, but definitely”. People have to make things happen, even when it seems impossibly difficult. Get up from the ground when life beat you down relentlessly. It's not a matter of life beating everyone down. It’s a matter of how hard people can get hit by life and keep moving forward. People have to keep proceeding even if you proceed very little. Shut up and work hard, your results will do the talking. I have a friend that told me this one quote saying, “Your mother took 9 months making your heart, don’t let it break in a few seconds.” This is basically saying that don’t let a hater break you or your dreams. The haters are there to hate, not to love.


Don’t chase for fame or popularity. Let them come to you. Most people feel bad about the haters that talk behind their backs and give out rumors. No one should worry about this, they’re behind you for a reason. One major tip is just to be yourself, many people change how they are and have this virtual mask on them just so the people around them are friends with them. You’re not here to appreciate others, you’re here to make them appreciate you. All in all, work hard, keep your head up, and follow your dreams.


The author's comments:

I used to be lazy and unproductive. Then at school, this one guy called me stupid and lazy, this sparked something inside of me and I had an uncontrolable motivation to do well and prove my hater wrong. I eventually got a certificate for a math program. Once this "hater" got to know about it, he igmored me since but has been talking behind my back. I wanted to share this because I know many people around the world are suffering from the same thing I used to and are feeling worthless. I wanted to show those people this and make them snap out of their miserable cycle.