To Whom I'm Living My Life For | Teen Ink

To Whom I'm Living My Life For

By Angelina.Ceritelli BRONZE, Centralia, Washington
Angelina.Ceritelli BRONZE, Centralia, Washington

Six thousand three hundred and sixteen. That's how many people on average die every hour. Some at old age and some at a young age, like a girl that got hit by a car at my school recently. Do they want to die, probably not, but it makes you wonder how long you'll have. Makes you think about the possibilities you passed up saying "I'll do that later" or "maybe next time". What if there is no next time?

If your clock runs out, can you honestly say you're proud of the legacy and memory you're leaving behind. Will you be known for the bully that tore everyone down to make themselves feel better? Will you be known for the class clown that never cared about anything be getting a few laughs? Or maybe you'll be known for being a star player in a sport or valedictorian. No matter what it is, would you be proud? Would you be proud to know you're leaving that legacy for your future kids or leaving those memories of you to be in your loved one's minds.

Now I'm not saying think about every move you make until you die. Live your life to the fullest you can, if you fear or doing something, face it head on. If you try a club, sport or any activity and don't like it, move on, find one you do enjoy. If someone tells you, you can't do something you want to, prove them wrong. Live your life for you and don't let others determine who you are and who you want to be. Make sure you're proud of who you are and what you stand for. In the end, that's all that really matters.