Ignite | Teen Ink

Ignite

By ISeeStars PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina
ISeeStars PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina

"I survived because the fire within me burned brighter than the fire around me."

What if this world is just one big, colorless place and to fill the blank spaces we invest into art, music, poetry, and the faint belief that anything in this monochrome world is eternal. We meet people who bring sparks to ignite within us and even if it burns us, for a moment we are on fire and the brightest thing in this world. We have people that pour water on us because in this world we have been taught that we need to put out fires to keep our world safe instead of igniting them within people. We are told to stunt growth and imagination instead of encouraging it. Let me burn. Let me start a fire within someone else. Let me bring magnificent reds, sunny yellows, and deep oranges into this world. I wish to meet people that have been obscured in ocean blues and forest greens; you are not dark people you are the building blocks of this words and you are beautiful. Show me those illuminating pinks and neon purples, so bright they magnify the people around them; keep shining. Let’s show the world those who carry white and let us praise them because they have no idea they carry a rainbow within them. They don’t know they could create a whole world with those colors. Be the fire in this world. Ignite something within others that they might not have believed to be possible. Look at this monochrome world not with indifference, but with a light in your eyes.