True Life | Teen Ink

True Life

By a3writer SILVER, Sylvania, Ohio
a3writer SILVER, Sylvania, Ohio

There is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you. -Christopher Robins

There is no happy ending in true life. You live and then you die right? But that is not how it works. When living true life you have your first word, first test, first kiss, first boyfriend, first child, firsts for just about everything. But that first isn't going to come unless you try for it. Those bad times in your life might be from trying those firsts but in most scenarios it's ok to try again. Maybe not the same way but in a different easier way. You may not always get the easier way though. Perhaps your fear of heights was meant to be conquered on a 40 foot zipline but it didn't happen. Instead you rode the second tallest and second fastest roller coaster in the world. But that's just what happened to me. You are a whole different person. Your firsts are always great moments in your life. Seconds though is a whole new dimension that I can't explain. They are always so different from each other. But true life isn't ALL about firsts, seconds, OR thirds. It's about trying to make the most of the time you have. Making the most of what you have is not cliff diving or doing something dangerous like that. It's about spending as much time as you can with the people you love all the way to the end. It could be a friend, a sibling, a parent, a relative, a pet, a complete stranger who saved your life. That is what making the most of what you have means. In our world not all people appreciate what they have. Even sometimes I do that but then I regret it because I know I am SO lucky. I know many people in our world don't have what I have or you have or even what my fish have. So it is not fair to brag in their faces or hurt them. It's just not right. True life is your choice only. It's more like your true life not just true life. So choose your way around it because it's all yours. Not mine. Not your parents. Only yours. True life is only yours...

Written a while back probably 3 years ago so don't mind the sloppy writing. I only fixed up bits of it so it's not the best.