Decisions | Teen Ink

Decisions

By Edubs SILVER, West Jordan, Utah
Edubs SILVER, West Jordan, Utah

"But there's a hope waiting for you in the dark, you should know you're beautiful just the way you are. And you don't have to change a thing the world could change its heart. No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful." - Alessia

One of the hardest parts of life. As a kid you wish you had more freedom to make your own choices. But as you grow older these choices and decisions become really hard. You get older and realize that you don't want to have to decided. Your whole life can change based on one choice you make. Why is it so hard? Why do things have to be one way or the other? Can't I have both? It is really hard to decide on things when people are pressuring you. Choices are difficult because in this world there's a right and a wrong. But does everything need to have a right and a wrong to them? For example, If I decide to do something that is the opposite of society, why is that wrong?

So why is it so hard? You know that one saying that is like, "You can make your choices but you can't make your consequence." I think that is why people find decisions challenging, we fear the outcome. And because of the unknown we are afraid to make out own decisions. So we just want to go back to when we were young so we didn't have to face our issues and we didn't have to worry about all these problems. Decisions... one of the hardest things ever.