Life! | Teen Ink

Life!

By RomanCarnes SILVER, Scottdale, Pennsylvania
RomanCarnes SILVER, Scottdale, Pennsylvania

Its scary isn’t it? How all of this will be gone one day. We try our whole lives to build the perfect life for ourselves and our children when, in reality there is no such thing as a perfect life. As we get older, unfortunately, we realize this. By the time we do, it is too late and we realize we didn’t take the time we had when we were young to enjoy our freedoms. Just how beautiful nature can be and how some people come in your life that just make everyday worth living. And that’ll all be gone one day. Everything you’ve come to know and love will slowly wither away as you do the same. Life is a funny game really. You’re brought into this world so innocent and oblivious and then as you age, you become more aware and then you’re thrust into the horror that is the open world. And as you go through life you realize that society controls almost, if not everything around you. No one is focused on having fun. They’re only focused on what society wants. “You have to have this type of clothing” or “you have to be the best at this and that” and in the middle of all of this you miss what matters the most, enjoying your time that you’re here. Because as you grow older and get wiser you realize you always remember the fun you had not what society wanted most because that always changes. So as we go through this game called life always remember to have fun because as you slowly wither away you look back at your time on Earth you want it to be a good flashback full of happiness not regrets. That’s what the scariest part of life is. It’s the fact that this game will all come to an end one day……

A moment of strong depression that caused me to think deeply