Philosophy of Life | Teen Ink

Philosophy of Life

January 30, 2016
By Bobo_ BRONZE, Deleage, Other
Bobo_ BRONZE, Deleage, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"its not because one apple is rotten that the whole barrel is bad" - Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles, Supernatural)


Philosophy of life, being anything that deals with knowledge or a concept, but how do we interpret the simple Philosophy of life. What is the pure concept of the human life, is it the need to succeed in a society based on self beliefs and expectations? I for one am a lonesome mind who believes that life can offer more than most billionaires can afford, life is not simply a passage but a span of time in which each individual can leave a mark. The human mind revolves around the fact that even today people who reach a certain level of fame or recognition throughout the world succeed at life, but is that what success means? Has the timeline of human evolution reached a point where we place our beliefs into men who drain the planet from it's resources, have we come to the point where even the pre-existence of our children is at risk ? We started off as being an organism who used mother nature's fruits to ensure our survival, now we worry about her survival, does success mean exploiting every gift we are given? We have come to the point where the hopes of the people rest into self absorbed men who prioritize the well being of oneself over the well being of the rest. Bruce Lee once said " Life itself is your teacher and you are in a state of constant learning" so shouldn't we learn from the mistakes we have stumbled over in the past, take the Black Plague for example, an epidemic who nearly wiped out 75-200 million, World War 2 who brought the death of 3% of the world's population for an estimated 60 million. to conclude we have reached a point where all over the world problems are knocking at our doorsteps and are in need of immediate actions, Global warming,World hunger, Poverty all these are perfect  examples of the problems we deal with, now my question is do we humans call that succeeding at life ?


The author's comments:

Hey,

My name is Zack  I am a 15 year old striving to one day be a writer. Even if i do not know what type of writing my work is considered i still like to create original stuff. Even though this won't be posted on you're site my main goal was to get feedback on this piece from you guys, so if ever you guys get the chance please write me an email back telling me what you thought of it.. this would mean the world to me if you could take the time to go over it.

-With all respect Zack-