Beauty Elegance Allure Undeniably Tremendously You | Teen Ink

Beauty Elegance Allure Undeniably Tremendously You

January 27, 2016
By ems.slager BRONZE, Eugene, Oregon
ems.slager BRONZE, Eugene, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you looked in the mirror lately? What do you see? Beauty? Or do you see something that needs fixed? Self-image, and self-esteem are two things that nearly every teenage girl struggles with at some point in their life. I would argue that it is the biggest issue regarding teens in our society. Every girl has that one girl at school, or that one celebrity that they would do anything to look like because they’re beautiful, or perfect. They have the luscious long hair, the toned legs, the flat stomach, the big boobs, the nice butt. We say that this person has true beauty. But what do we classify as true beauty? Is it being skinny? Is it having curves? Is it personality? The issue with society today is that the media ruins our perception of true beauty. They convince us to believe that true beauty is being overly skinny, having the perfect makeup, the perfect hair, being the girl that every guy drools over. But as a society we accept what the media portrays beauty as and it’s just okay to do so. But should we? No! The “perfect” models and celebrities we see in movies, commercials, and music videos have all had their bodies altered in some way shape or form. Some more drastically than others. Their paradisiacal lips, bodacious butts, and their superb stomachs are not what we should compare ourselves to. The book definition of beauty is a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight. This could cause us classify beauty as a combination of looks, sense of humor, their scent and a handful of other things. We shouldn’t compare ourselves to the models and celebrities, or the girls at school that everyone wants to be like. Each and every one of us have our own individual beauty. Whether you’re skinny, curvy, or just plain average you are beautiful. No matter what the media says you are, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and it doesn’t matter what others think of you because it is impossible to please everyone. Stay true to who you are and STAY BEAUTIFUL!


The author's comments:

My intentions when writing this article were to simply get the message out that beauty isnt determined by society, but by an individual, and that everyone is beautiful in their own way.