Normal Is | Teen Ink

Normal Is

Normal is working a job to pay for a school that will help you get a job you don't quite like to pay for a house you'll never quite own so that you can leave it vacant for most of the day while working.

Normal is finally spending some well-deserved time with the family away from the job and the house you chose in a place you chose over the place you're travelling to just to sleep in a place smaller than the place you just left.

Normal is waiting until the bell FINALLY rings, or until 5:00 when you FINALLY get off school or work just to go home, sleep, and wake up to do the same thing over-- the same things you spend the majority of your waking time doing.

Normal is buying uncomfortable clothes for people you like even less to persuade them to do something that you're not even that excited about, but will benefit you in some way, shape, or form.

Normal is settling for something ordinary when you could've worked just a little bit harder for the job that you've wanted since you were a kid.

Normal is what everyone is doomed to be if they choose to do what's the most convenient-- and no one that was normal ever made a difference.

What I want to respond with when people call me weird.