Live When You're Alive | Teen Ink

Live When You're Alive

July 17, 2015
By smelly_cat BRONZE, Bangalore, Other
smelly_cat BRONZE, Bangalore, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't think you are stupid because everyone else pretends to love something you don't. -Emma Watson


It is surprising to see how so many people find it extremely difficult to just do what they want to do. Whether it is parents, relatives, your social circle or other factors, something or another is always pulling you down.

 

Listening to your heart has become a hard task these days. People pour out their idealised versions of what they think is best for you, and don't listen to any other alteration. This really is silly, because how can anyone else really get what you like, want, need or aspire other than yourself?

Parents guide you, well-wishers inspire you, but who are your friends, really? Do they really intend for your well-being when they give you advise? Because now, the world has become so small-minded, and downright poisonous, even, that people will never think of anything but their own benefit when they indulge in any activity.

So basically what I'm ranting about here is, choose your immediate friend circle wisely. You may get your heart broken, stomped on and beaten up, but ultimately, you learn from your wounds. You won't try to walk in stilletos three sizes bigger after you broke your ankle last time, even if it is the hottest thing in town.

And of course, screw what everyone else says. This is your life, as Bon Jovi famously said. It's now or never, and you won't have forever. Life's short, people say, and it's true. But it's about time a person realises just how true it is, and start enjoying every moment. So you may hate dragging yourself to high school every day. So, what? Wait for college. There is equilibrium in this world, so all horrendous days will have equally amazing ones some day.

A little bit of faith, a little bit of hard work, and a soul full of passion is all one needs to swim through the tides of life. Love whatever you do, and if you don't, have faith that it all gets better. 

But don't forget to smile through everything, because a smile is a curve which sets everything straight.