We're Just Humans | Teen Ink

We're Just Humans

By tramanh BRONZE, Hanoi, Other
tramanh BRONZE, Hanoi, Other

When we are 6, on our first bycycle ride, we expect ourselves to roll down the lane like a professional. But most of us, tumble. And that’s okay, because we’re just humans. Humans trying out things that they’ve never done before, humans trying to take control of their own fragile lives.

When we grow older, we never want to disappoint the ones we love. But as our mother raises her voice or sheds the first tear we see from her eyes, we know we’ve failed. And that’s okay, even though it doesn’t seem like it sometimes, we’re just making mistakes before we figure it all out. Being able to experience to guilt, the sadness, the self-blame, that’s what makes us grow up.

We tend to think that our lives are laid out for us, but for most of us, we still haven’t figured out our passion, our desire that we’ll spend the rest of our lives doing. Little do we know, we have to lose ourselves to find ourselves. It is okay to be clueless, to not know, to go with the flow. We’re just humans, and humans explore, humans experience, and humans work in order to find out what humans prefer.

We get lonely, and sometimes it feels like it’s just us, against the “human race”. 7 billion people out there, and yet no one feels right next to us. We suffer things alone, not to realize that people are a message, a phone call, or a visit away. And it’s okay to feel lonely, to feel like we don’t belong. Because only then, we can hear our own thoughts, and make our own decisions. And only then, will we be able to decide who stay in our lives.

We train ourselves to pursue perfect moments and most of the time, fail to do so. The setting, the time, the cost, none of those are meant to be perfect, no matter how hard we try. The closest, however, we can get to perfection is feelings. Because we’re just human, and that’s what we do, we feel. And we don’t live for the moment, for what happens around us, but we live for the feelings within.