Lessons That My Mother Taught Me | Teen Ink

Lessons That My Mother Taught Me

Lessons That My Mom Taught Me

“Your morals are more important that your successes.” No matter what the outcomes are, your virtue is the most valuable asset that you could own. Being a good person is much more important that being a well distinguished figure. No matter what society puts upon you, be a good person.

“There are possibilities anywhere.” No matter what the circumstance is, there will always be handfuls of opportunities wherever you go. Never underestimate the conditions you are put under, because you will have chances to grow regardless.

“Don’t assume that only inhuman monsters are able to perform abominable actions.” People are not as they seem, for they can be deceptive, ruthless and black hearted. Be cautious of who you trust, because anyone is capable of malicious things - even the people you least expect.

“Silence is the most powerful cry.” When in in argument, be careful about what comes out of your mouth. Dead quiet is a signal that something shouldn’t have been said. Likewise, being silent is the most effective way of portraying your upset.

“Don’t fake perfection.” Be real and truthful. Don’t be fake and pretend that your life is a heavenly paradise. That only increases your amount of struggles rather than alleviating the ones that you already have.

“Don’t let idiots ruin your day.” Pretty self-explanatory. Remember you are stronger than that, that you are better than that, and you are more significant than that. Uneducated people who don’t know anything about you should be the least of your worries; look upward, not downward.

“Be grateful.” You have an education. You have rights. You have freedom. You have love. You have support. DON’T FORGET THAT.

Well Mom, I’m most grateful for you. Thank you for playing such a significant role in my life.