A Miracle: How A Toddler Made His Grandmother Quit Smoking | Teen Ink

A Miracle: How A Toddler Made His Grandmother Quit Smoking

May 15, 2015
By TheBestOfWriting BRONZE, Needham, Massachusetts
TheBestOfWriting BRONZE, Needham, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Being young was the most backbreaking time of my life. I couldn’t talk; I had autism. Every single day began with unsuspected temper-tantrums and other problematic troubles. I was a slim, inquisitive individual. I enjoyed using my senses to puzzle out what was occurring in my surroundings. I represented speculative behaviors. I have always been a impressively big devotee of everything involving the gas-guzzling everyday vehicles on the rather intrusive highways and interstates. That’s right, cars. I had a passion of imposing a hollo in probably all of the restaurants I’ve been to in my embryotic stage of childhood. I imposed a hollo whenever I spotted an inconspicuous car on the road. As I thoroughly explained before, I was literally an extremely wee Curious George but in a form of a human.


One day, my grandmother decided to come visit us from her home in Pennsylvania. She eventually arrived numerous hours later. She has always been an angelical, saccharine grandmother. It was such a pleasure to have the chance to visit with her because we have such infrequent visits.

She enters the house, and steps outside into our yard. My little nosy slimy “meatballs” located in my eye were peering at my grandmother; she had been smoking. I kept showing inquisitive behaviors, and she eventually saw me peering right at her piping torrid cigarette. She proceeded inside the house and she officially declared to foreswear the behavior of smoking.


  My mother understood that it would be a major struggle to discontinue smoking when it is an exceedingly difficult task to achieve when you've been strongly habituated to the taste sensation of a cigarette. Everyone in my family, of course including myself were extremely happy with the ongoing pattern of keeping an alliance of refusing the habit of smoking. It really affected her health in an astounding shape and form.

I can comprehend my grandmother didn’t want to be an unhealthy role model of how you should take care of yourself. She didn’t want me to experience that event and start to smoke at such a young age.

      That wasn’t just a profound healthy decision……. It was a decision that impacted her health in a strong direction and was exceedingly profound.


The author's comments:

This is a short personal experience how I made my grandmother quit smoking as a toddler. It made a profound affect on her health since she declared that she decided to quit smoking for good.