Suicide | Teen Ink

Suicide

10 facts about suicide

1.) An estimated 90% of people who consider suicide mention it to a friend or someone else

2.) More teens and young adults died as a result of suicide in 1999 than cancer, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, birth defect, stroke, and chronic lung disease combined

3.) Males commit suicide too. In fact 347 males in the U.S. committed suicide in 2013

4.) In 2007 the 3 states in the U.S. with the most amount of suicides were California (3,602), Florida (2,587), and Texas ( 4,433)

5.) In 2007 the 3 states in the U.S. with the least amount of suicides were Washington D.C. (36), Vermont (89), and Delaware (95)

6.) Suicide among males is 4 times higher than among females; however females are more likely to have suicidal thoughts

7.) Heavy metal attracts suicidal and depressed youth - It does NOT cause suicide. so for all you know heavy metal might have saved your child,sibling,or best friend,but hey you never know

8.) Did you know a woman met her true love while she was trying to commit suicide? It's true, a woman attempted suicide from the Eiffel Tower, she landed on a car survived than later in life she married the owner of that car. Love blooms in the most unlikely places. <3

9.) Suicide is the third leading cause of death of young people between the ages of 15 and 24

10.) Each day, there's approximately 12 youth suicides

Hello beautiful person,

This was really interesting for me to learn about, I honestly didn't know the state I live in had that many suicides in 2007, like wow!

but anyway If your suicide for whatever reason I am sorry, It's hard to feel so worthless and bad about yourself to the extent that you wanna die, I've been in that spot and I'm not gonna say it's going to be okay because i know you don't wanna hear that, but try to stay on the bright side, without darkness you wouldn't be able to see the light. I was bullied for a long time and I felt like I was worthless, I was told i should kill meyself, I tried to stay strong but it was really hard than self harm was my only friend... I'm recovering from self harm, and I'll probably be recovering the rest of my life there's always temptations but rigth now I'm doing a lot better than I was and I want you to be able to live to see betters days. I know i don't personally know you but I care about you, you are an amazing person,a strong person, you deserve to live, your beautiful, your perfect the way you are, and if others can't see that they aren't worth your time.. beautiful person those people who put you don't aren't worth your tears, and your arms, legs, and belly, and they definitely aren't worth your life. I hope this helped.

sincerely, someone who cares and loves you

I just hope people learn from it and I hope people realize that someone loves them