Zayn Brought the Pain | Teen Ink

Zayn Brought the Pain

By vikki escobar-sosa BRONZE, Houston, Texas
vikki escobar-sosa BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Recent news in the ‘pop boy-band’ world, a popular group called One Direction has lost a member. That’s right, Zayn Malik has left One Direction. Various tweets and Instagram posts have been thrown out to the fanbase and has revealed his exit... leaving millions of fans heartbroken. But the real news is how the fans seemed to have reacted. Pictures of slashed arms and “I love you Zayn” has been carved into young girls and boys’ arms and has been floating around on social media websites with the hashtag “cut 4 zayn” in hopes to bring the beloved band member back.

April Fools recently passed and a tweet was released from Malik saying it was all a joke and he wasn’t really leaving. Screenshots of the tweet made its way around to Instagram and informed all fans that all of it was a hoax but was deleted less than an hour later. This let this fans know that it wasn’t true, that he really was leaving 1D and left the fans, once again, heartbroken.

According to a few Directioners that I interviewed, most of them have stated that even though they are a bit angry with Zayn’s commitment on leaving, they said that it would soon subside and that they still love the boys and will still continue to be loyal to the fandom. On the other hand, the rest of the group had said that since Malik has left, things will not be the same within the band and the 1D fandom and will simply wait for the next album, not featuring Zayn, to reveal whether they will continue to be fans or not.