Why Isn't Soccer a Popular Sport in America? | Teen Ink

Why Isn't Soccer a Popular Sport in America?

By Braulio BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Braulio BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Soccer isn’t a popular sport in America because The wrong people watch it. You’d be surprised that soccer is a pretty big sport in America. The only reason people say that soccer is a bad sport is because it’s always the people that don’t like it are the ones who talk about the sport. Soccer isn’t as popular as Football because Football is America’s sport.  For example 111.5 million Americans watched Super Bowl XLVII, but only 24.3 million watched the 2010 World Cup. Soccer really isn’t a big sport in America until the World Cup which is only every 4 years, according to the society pages.org. That’s the time people actually care about soccer is every 4 years when the World Cup. Most American’s want to see a bunch of angry people smashing into each other trying to get from one side of the field to the other. Combined America and Panama had a total of 4.9 million views. It doesn’t really make sense that soccer isn’t a popular sport in America, because it is a global sport unlike most sports in America. I personally am not a fan of Soccer but it should still be more popular in America than it really is. One main reason people don’t like to play Soccer is that they don’t get the satisfaction of hitting others as hard as they can, like they do in Football. Soccer is a big sport around the whole world, so what i want know is why it’s not a big sport in America. On average soccer draws 700 million views during the World Cup, said www.reuters.com. Most of those views are from other countries that are big in soccer, unlike America. Very few of those views come from The US.

It is explaing why Soccer isn't the most popular sport in the United States. Also why Americans like more agressive sports>

snolly said...
hey this is pretty neat