Who Am I? | Teen Ink

Who Am I?

By vagzz SILVER, Greater Noida, Other
vagzz SILVER, Greater Noida, Other

" It doen't matter who you are or where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always."
- Oprah Winfrey

“Who am I?”, is the question I ask myself. Am I what my friends think I am, or what my parents think I am or what any other random person thinks I am? Nah! I am Me! And therefore, it is me to know who I am and not anybody else to make any guesses or declarations of who I am. And as a matter of fact, I myself don’t properly know who I am. And this, I can say because who I was years ago is not who I am today. My complete thought processes have changed, and so, there is absolutely no guarantee that who I am today, is a replica of who I will be, say 10 years down the lane.

Yet, there is a part of me that simply won’t change no matter what, but obviously, there shall be modifications. All I know is that I have an identity and yearn for respect. This has, is, and will be with me whatsoever might happen. And I feel this way, I’m totally normal and acting completely sane as time is to take me places with my morals and intentions straight, I don’t have to tune it my way rather, it is with which I have to sing the song of my life.

I would rather keep those who think positively of their surroundings and of me rather than induce the negative line of thoughts, in any damn manner of any XYZ who comes my way. And along that way, I guess, memories and experiences is what I have to collect from each tree and put in my basket. And probably then, in the end, once it all terminates, can I write a beautiful thesis of who I was…