They're the Same? | Teen Ink

They're the Same?

February 23, 2015
By Cass3453 SILVER, Windermere, Florida
Cass3453 SILVER, Windermere, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Freedom is a point of view." ~Anonymous


Since dawn I’ve waited for Her to arrive. To come through that great opening and say: “Dawson! Awhhh come here boy.” I love Her. She constantly gives me love, and makes the hurtings I get feel better.


But She’s not the only one who comes through, the thing that opens. Some nights when I’ve waited so long for Her another Her walks in.  It looks like Her but it’s not. The same long brown stuff shoot out from Her head and the same circles in Her face are the same, but this one is more of and “IT” than a “Her”. It is violent and has a pungent smell attached that’s terribly strong and everywhere. This one also hits and leaves behind marks on the walls and on my body. But the Her leaves me feeling safe and relaxed. Nothing like the way I feel around Her, she loves while, IT hates pretentiously.


When things get rough between IT and me, I sometimes try to bite back, but its near impossible because of how much it looks like Her. Sometimes IT doesn’t even do anything, just walks through and lays down ignoring me, while liquids pour from her two circles in IT’s  face. I try to make IT stop by sitting next to IT, but then IT gets loud and I find myself running again.


I don’t know why She leaves me with IT some nights. She goes out all day the least she can do is come back to me. But I can still feel Her when she’s not around. It’s like she never left.


Days when she is around are the best though! She plays with me and I get extra food. They usually end with Her talking into a little thing that shoots off frequencies, that She calls “Boss.” I don’t know what Boss is but I don’t think I like them, because they keep taking Her away from me, I think that’s where She goes when She’s not with me.


Something just walked through. Oh no it's not Her…


The author's comments:

The perspective of anything alive that gets abused through the effect of alcohol by anyone they love, in this case a puppy.