Terrorism: Not Deferral Anymore | Teen Ink

Terrorism: Not Deferral Anymore

December 18, 2014
By Nupur Mudgal BRONZE, Faridabad, Other
Nupur Mudgal BRONZE, Faridabad, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

‘Mom, why is he looking at me? I am scared’, 6 year old Mohammad clutched his mother’s saree. His mother assured him saying, ‘Don’t worry, he won’t say you anything, Allah will protect you, he is always there with you’. Mohammad looked puzzled and asked, ‘Then wasn’t Allah there with those children who were killed in the army school? Why did he not protect them?’ His mother was appalled, she understood the fear of her kid, but unfortunately she had no answers, she did not know how to make him audacious, the killing of those 132 children in an army school in Peshawar, Pakistan had left a huge scar on the whole world.

 

On one side when the whole world mourned over the loss of our future geniuses, on the other there was a shudder over the kids who went to school or college every day. The fear of dying by brutal killing haunted them. Is this the end of humanity? The end of a free world? Should now people be adhere to the proximity of those terrorists? Those terrorists who did not think even once before firing on a 5 year old girl, who came to attend her first day in kindergarten? The Free State that we talk about will ‘NOT’ be judged by some sycophants, who call killing innocents an act of religion. Neither Quran nor Bhagavad Geeta or Bible support honor killing or killing of innocents. They teach us to treat every human as equal and not to discriminate on the basis of caste, religion or gender. The terrorists call this brutality as ‘vengeance’, can’t they see that they have lost all hopes of being a human again, they have even gone beyond being called an animal, as animals are at least faithful. They first need to learn that counterblow does not mean killing those who are chaste, the innocent souls who does not even know the meaning of being radical, jihad or the purpose of such atrocious act.


I am not only talking about the incident in the army school where such people lost all empathy and fired pointlessly and frivolously at those young souls, but also about the execution of 150 women in Iraq just because they refused to marry militants, and if the reports are believed some of them were even pregnant. They were assassinated just because they refused to accept jihad marriage. The brutishness of these terrorists was also seen in 9/11 and 26/11, when thousands of people lost their lives. The question is, ‘Will this ever end?’, and ‘Will we be able to see the rising sun without fear?’ The list is endless and the answers none. The roots of terrorism are huge and deep, these people have stopped being afraid of the consequences, there is a long way to go for us, to scare them out, though the bummer of these situations is heart wrenching and disastrous, yet we are struggling to eradicate terrorism from our society.


I know this struggle is amaranthine and maybe of little hope, but quitting is not an option, we need to fight with them to save our future, to feel secure in our own country, to let the children of this world be fearless. No, we won’t be living in abhorrence, yes we are going to join hands, all the nations are going to come forward and tell such flagitious people, that we are not feeble or languid. We are going to fight, fight for our freedom and we are all together in this ethereal situation. Amen!


The author's comments:

The recent Peshawar attack encouraged me to write this piece.