It's Just How It Works | Teen Ink

It's Just How It Works

By KasiHall BRONZE, Mauston, Wisconsin
KasiHall BRONZE, Mauston, Wisconsin

“One of the most important keys to success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you don't feel like doing it."

Life is just some metaphorical phrase, that we are supposed to believe will fill us with happiness and self-sufficiency. When we live we know we will eventually die, but we don’t know when or why. When will it happen? That question almost seems rhetorical.  But yet again, we still set an age for the time we think our death will happen. It could happen any day in reality, but some people don't even believe in reality.

When we forget reality, we seem to fall behind and not know if we are even forgetting. Sometimes we just forget that we forgot. When you keep in touch with reality we are all in some sort of world, where we don’t understand. What happens when we don’t understand, is that we become irrationally indifferent from anyone else, because we have no clue what is going on. We seem to just follow others.  But then we begin to notice that not facing reality starts to become looking irresistible. So we don’t face it, we start living in a dream that no one can wake us up from.

If no one could wake us up we could never face reality. Therefore we would never feel pain, love, hate, or anything. But we do feel sympathy but in reality we don’t need it. Because reality is so harsh there is no sympathy, only empathy. Through a world of pain and no remorse we only can hope to survive. Every breath you take is one step closer to death. Yet we breath so often that we don’t think of it that way. Breathing is how you stay alive, yet at the  same time you are dying with every one you take. It just has to be inevitable. 

We begin each day the same, we wake up. If you died you would never wake up. So you would just sit in a place with no return to the world, or any constituent of humanity left inside of you. If you had no humanity the world wouldn’t be all that different because lots of people believe that humanity does not exist.

We conjecture that life is way too valuable to ever let go of, yet people commit suicide everyday. Without realizing how they could have made a difference in someones life. Everyone has a purpose and meaning to live, to exist, to just simply stay here on this earth.  Existence, purpose, meaning, and just simply: reason.  Change, difference, just everything, we judge, we hate, we love, we destroy, and then we build it back up. It's just how it works.

The way we work is depended on our personalities; as of the way we act. We maybe  someone who is middle-aged and living in a studio apartment without a college degree, and working at a fast-food restaurant. Or we could be a middle aged  person living in a beautiful house with a college degree and able to get our own dream job. The only thing it depends on is; personality and attitude. Thats what life is all about. Disappointments and miracles, but most of all...life is all about, love. Loving who we are, and who we aren’t. What everything is, and what it isn’t.

It's just how everything works.