I'm Not Sorry | Teen Ink

I'm Not Sorry

December 9, 2014
By dysfuntellect DIAMOND, Yorktown, Virginia
dysfuntellect DIAMOND, Yorktown, Virginia
65 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everything that you want is on the other side of fear- George Adair


Today you said that there are stupid questions. Like if someone asks if the sky is blue. Well you might think that if you don't understand that the sky isn't blue for people that are color blind. And sometimes, the sky isn't blue for the people that always have a raincloud hanging over their head, or for the person that never leaves the house because she doesn't have any friends. The sky isn't blue for the person that doesn't open the windows, or for the child that's in the hospital being treated for leukemia. The sky isn't blue for the person working in a cubicle.


Today you said that, "For a girl who got a 60% on a pop quiz, you're opinion is invalid." And I guess it would also make sense that if you're speaking your mind, that's your opinion too. If I say you're an asshole, that's a statement, not an opinion. If it's the truth, it's a fact. And I'm sorry if you don't understand that, but I'm sure the rest of us do. And I'm also sure you understand that my apology was noncommital, and I'm standing up for my rights, and standing up for myself when I say that you ARE an asshole. You are totally full of s***! I may not get straight A's but that doesn't mean that I'm no less as smart as I was yesterday or the day before! Actually, I think I'm smarter! Because for whatever reason you're lowering yourself, I'm still a head above you. In fact, right now, I'm practically the colosseum, and you're the bacteria on my finger. What my dad likes to call punks and 'scum-bags'. You may not like me, you may not, love me, but you AT THE BARE MINIMUM have to respect me. I'm more human than I ever will be, and I still, like everybody else, have feelings. Whether you think of me as a b**** or a monster, don't pass the blame to me when you're dealing with you're problems.


When we broke up you said I was the reason that you came to hate yourself. That's when I realized that I'm not sorry. I'm only sorry that you became this way. I'm only sorry for you.


The author's comments:

During my Driver's ed class, I had (what used to be) my boyfriend sitting behindme. Thankfully he broke up with me in enough time to figure out that he is a total and complete asshole. Now, he bullies me every day and whenever 3rd block rolls around, I'm boiling over the top. Whenever he insults me, I'm never hurt, I just find it extremely frustrating that a person who once care about me can treat me like their worst nightmare.