The Decimation of Shrek | Teen Ink

The Decimation of Shrek

By MTM14 BRONZE, Ludlow, Massachusetts
MTM14 BRONZE, Ludlow, Massachusetts

Ramen

It all started at a innocent Birthday party with friends, and ended as a chanting crowd of idiots, a fire,and finding a old Shrek doll. This is how the story begins. I walk into the home of my friend and get ready to have immense amounts of stupidness. It is all about a large green stuffed shrek doll. We all found “him” in a pile of random things, and all tried to think of ways to use it, and one thing was important, we all thought, “It MUST be extremely stupid.”. One of my friend named Kevin came up with the idea. He was always the crazy one. And his idea was to start a huge fire and create the, as he called it, “ the shrekining”. And of course,we got hyped about that idea because its a party, so why not. It was around midnight as my friends and grab the Shrek doll, and make some really stupid chant, and find some really stupid music to coincide with the chant. We then gathered up all my friends and grabbed some chips and Gatorade. Lucas asked one of to play the music and another person to film the whole ordeal, so I recorded it on my phone as we all were around the sad excuse for a fire. My good friend Kevin stood up on a chair and randomly gave a short fictional speech about Shrek and we all clapped and said some things to each other. Then we had a moment to remember shrek and we all just sorta talked abot random stuff.It went a little like this.I say “ So Kevin, what do you remember about shrek after that beautiful speech?” He responds by saying, “Not too much, its been such a long time since I've seen this green beast in action” and all of us laugh probably a little more than a regular person would. In Kevin's speech he reminded us how “ Shrek used to be the baddest homie on the block” and how he can only be stopped by this specific fire that surprisingly is still lit because of all the gatorade poured in it, we laughed at that too. Then the time of the Shrekining finally came and we all gathered around the campfire and had the countdown, “ Three...Two...One!” and Lucas did the honors of tossing Shrek into the fire. And the fie made a low crackling noise as the doll flopped onto the fire, like a wet piece of paper, and we all started cheering, shouting, and tossing chips and gatorade everywhere. We were there till the fire died and I said, “ Let us all come together as a whole to have a moment of silence for Shrek” and then we all left and went inside cracking jokes and overall stupidity. Best party I've gone to in years. And it was definitely the most outrageous and freaky one too, but it was me, Shrek, and my best friends. What do you expect?

Shrek