The Word "Life" | Teen Ink

The Word "Life"

October 22, 2014
By daretodream BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
daretodream BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"life is a simple word" -Miranda MacBrair-


Life… What a broad topic. There are many things in life worth doing or seeing; but in my opinion, life is life. There is no legacy or pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Life is simply a word. There is no one meaning or definition, but many meanings or definitions.


Some people might say “Life is a gift from God.” Others might say “Life is worthless.” Maybe you disagree with them or maybe you agree, but that’s the beauty of it. You see, the beauty of life isn’t life itself, but what you think of it. Take a flower for instance; you can’t make it grow any higher than it already is, but you can help it grow. Same thing with life. Some things in life are out of your control (like how high your flower grows); other things you can control (like feeding your flower).


Life is a simple word nothing more, nothing less- until you make it something more or less.


Some people say that your choices make you who you are in life; and they would be right if they weren’t so wrong. Your choices don’t make you, you.  No, it’s because of whom you are that you made those choices. True, your choices may change you, but they don’t make you. What makes you is how you look at things. Like I said before, the way you look at something gives it beauty. The definition of beauty is the same as life; there is not just one, but many definitions. For example, if the way you see things is useless or worthless, then is doesn’t hold much beauty. However, it still holds beauty. I’m not saying life is a beautiful thing, because sometimes it’s not. What I’m saying is that it’s the way you see or think of life that determines how much beauty it holds.


Overall, life is just a word, unless you want it to be something different. There are many ways to look at life, but in the end, the life you live is your life; nothing more, nothing less. 
 


The author's comments:

This is my opinion on the word "life", and how i think you should look at it.