Mount Rushmore | Teen Ink

Mount Rushmore

October 20, 2014
By Kittens BRONZE, Perrysburg, Ohio
Kittens BRONZE, Perrysburg, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everything's awesome.


Love. What a cliche thing. We all know about it. We all experience it. And we all know that is something that we are made to feel. Love keeps things together, and we all look forward to love.

If we didn't have love, then we would all go around, staring at people with no emotion, and not understand people. There would be no crushes, no flirting, no fun. It would be gray. Love adds the color. Sure, people cheat and it adds complications, but imagine the world without it. People are made to feel pain, to feel loss, to feel the flutter in your heart as it sees that person. You might say, well, think of funerals, and when your partner leaves you? We don't want people to feel that way!


Well, you have to face it, we were made to feel emotions, not to be robots. Think, if we didn't have emotion, we WOULD be a robot. Maybe with more flexibility. But, we are living, breathing, thinking, amazing creatures, and you shouldn't forget that.


The moment when your mom first holds you. She beams, and you look up and scream. Well, not really the prettiest definition, but when your mom first saw you, you were amazing. You were something with wings, something that could fly, but, that could also fall. From that moment on, they protect you, watch over you, make sure you're ok. This is love. In its most powerful form.


I'm not saying you need to go out and paint a painting that covers Mount Rushmore to express the big emotional hole in you because you read this. But, if you want to do that, go ahead. No ones stopping you. I'm saying go to those people you love, and tell them so. They've done a lot for you and you need to thank them for that. Imagine if they died. Imagine the pain you would feel. Tell yourself that you will hold onto them for as long as you want, and as hard as you can. Because they will always be there for you.


The definition of love is as straight up as it gets. An intense feeling of deep affection. Embrace this feeling, and know that someone feels this way about you. Scream into the void. Someone. Loves. Me. Cause they do. They truly do. The pain inside, the glass breaking, the room shaking, the Earth rumbling. This feeling so strong. It's inside of you, forever.