Why not? | Teen Ink

Why not?

September 24, 2014
By ShortStuff303 SILVER, Littleton, Colorado
ShortStuff303 SILVER, Littleton, Colorado
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it turned into a butterfly."- Anonymous


How many people are on this earth? Roughly 7 billion. Out of all of those people, you only get to see, meet, experience, etc. the smallest of a percentage. Wouldn't you think, you should at least be desent to those very few. You may never notice that girl that sits in the back, and doesn't say anything. But she notices you. Infact, she traded seats with you so you could sit with a friend, and that's all you know her as. Nobody wants to just be known for a favor they did. They would go and talk to you, but they are so afraid of being shot down, they can't. Is that what we are bound to in our life? Going through our day without having any interaction with someone simply because of society or we simply just don't care? Life would be easier if we could go and talk to anyone at anytime, but we don't. We sit back and say "That's not how it works!". Well, wouldn't you want to be the one to change it? Why not?


The author's comments:

Being in the background isn't a choice, but it isn't permanent. Neither is ignoring people being you're at the top of the pecking order.