I Miss... | Teen Ink

I Miss...

September 16, 2014
By MadiMay SILVER, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
MadiMay SILVER, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I tried being normal once. I didn't like it."
-Unknown


I miss when skinned knees were easier to fix than broken hearts. I miss when the only reason she wasn’t friends with me was because Duck-Duck-Goose sounded more enjoyable than hopscotch; not because she found her way into the popular crowd. I miss when we stood together as a whole, wearing ribbons of red, vowing never to fall victim to drugs. I miss when we’d spend the day playing under the tree by the bridge, instead of on the train tracks of each other’s hearts.


The author's comments:

When I heard the words, "I Miss," I instantly thought about the innoncence we hold as children, for we are so young and naive, and we haven't yet gotten a taste of what growing up is like. The transitions from grade school, to middle school, to high school had a negative effect on me. Although I made new friends, I lost a lot of friends, I fell in and out of relationships, and people who were once close to me turned to drugs and alcohol. But I think the only the only way one can go up, is to first come down.