Leave It Behind For the Rest | Teen Ink

Leave It Behind For the Rest

September 11, 2014
By PurpleLightning PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia
PurpleLightning PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia
24 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Heros are remembered, but legends never die."- Babe Ruth


Life is nowhere near easy. We all want to make money and be the greatest at everything but we don’t see what our actions do to other people. While we are all in this huge conquest to feel so big, we don’t see the small people that we step on. Tables turn, bridges burn, you live and learn. Why do we fall? So that we can pick ourselves back up. After 9/11 we cleaned up the debris and we decided that we weren’t going to be pushed around. They knocked down 2 buildings so we built one twice as large in its place. The best way to make a good future is to start with a strong foundation.  People always say it’s a small world and as new technology is created it becomes smaller and smaller. We need to all come together and make a brighter future for the generations behind us. No one remembers you for what you had they remember you for what you left behind. All of the great people throughout history have left a great legacy behind them. They did everything they could with what they had and then they left it all behind so that someone else could finish what they couldn’t. Life isn’t as long as you think it is. We need to be better than the people before us but we need to do it together, as a whole we can work harder and faster to create a better and brighter future.


The author's comments:

If we worked as hard together as we do trying to fight each other we could all change the world. The world needs to come together.