Game Over. | Teen Ink

Game Over.

By TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other
TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Cicero

Game over. You know that feeling when you finish a game and you're super happy and enthusiastic at first, but then you realize how you’re never going to get to play that game again and it just makes you sad? That’s how I feel now. I fell in love, I let go and I moved on. Now it’s over. Now the game ended and with the new game almost coming out, I’m working on forgetting the old one. Relationships hurt and they take you to places you could never imagine before. Just like a game does. And I’m not going to let this old game get the better of me, I won’t let it distract me from the new one. I won’t replay it. I’ll just live with its memory and church it. I will put it back into my drawer and take it out when I need a big wash over about what’s right and what’s wrong. And then, I’ll go back to the new one because the feeling of discovering a new environment is one of the best you could ever have. So I’ll start exploring and start “playing in” entirely. And every once in a while, always taking a look at my drawer, for a reminder that  something good is always about to come out.