What It Takes to be a Great Leader | Teen Ink

What It Takes to be a Great Leader

May 29, 2014
By Sadhvi Dash SILVER, Hyderabad, Other
Sadhvi Dash SILVER, Hyderabad, Other
7 articles 1 photo 3 comments

There may be many people who may be great at commanding a group so that the work is done in an easy and a fast way.Or there may be people who are good at making use of each and every single thing.But do you really think that only this can make up a Great Leader?

First of all,Leadership doesn't only mean that you should know handling people or know how to get the work done.But a leader should know handling themselves before handling others and should know the priorities of the works before getting them done.

A good leader should also have peace in mind.And shouldn't think of things that are to be done in future but should completely focus on things we are doing right now.This way they will not be stressed and can do the ongoing tasks in a happy state of mind without any stress.

You may have heard-Bosses say "Do the work" and Leaders say "Let's do the work".This means that A leader should command the team but should never leave the work with the team completely.A good leader always takes up the initiative to do the challenging work in a teamwork and thus shows the group that while work everyone is equal.

But,as mentioned before, a leader should always live in the present doesn't mean that you should not look into your past or your future;it means that you shouldn't be suffocated in your mind.You should make things happen.You should use the past to learn from your mistakes and you should use your present to make your future happy.It means if you are given any kind of problem you should always have a belief that if problem is there then it must have a solution.

But this also doesn't mean that you should be the kind of person who either lives in past or present.If so,you can't come up.These thoughts will ruin your present.

Each and every person should lead themselves first.If you are doing so,the people around you will surely notice. And if you can't lead yourself, you can never lead others.


The author's comments:
My classmates called me a Leader. Slowly my teacher and my head too started and then I was recognized. So I just wanted to share what I did and what I am doing. I didn't start by leading anyone else but by leading myself...