Let Me Love You | Teen Ink

Let Me Love You

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

Let me hold you up, let me hold you in my arms above those waves of pain that threaten to destroy you. Let me be the one to hold you close and dry those traitor tears. Let me love you until the break of dawn to the fall of day. You make the Sun cry when it's time to set. You make the moon weep when it's time to sleep. The birds always sing and the crickets always chirp when they see your smile.

Let me hold you... even if only for a little while. I want to be the one to take your hands and make them warm. I want to stitch your heart when it begins to unravel. Let me help you, let me carry you through the world and protect you from its bad's and wrong's. Let me be the one to sleep by you and lay kisses upon your lips when your awake, asleep, or sick.

Let me be the one to love you, roughly, tenderly, gently, and strongly. I want to taste the landscape of your body and hold you and protect you, keep you by my side until you decide you've had enough.

I want to love you and I want you to love me.

You're my star and the nights are no longer so long. Let me love you, let me love you, let me love you.