I've Figured It Out | Teen Ink

I've Figured It Out

By Athena2013 PLATINUM, Meridian, Mississippi
Athena2013 PLATINUM, Meridian, Mississippi

i get it now. the truth is that nothing matters and that is why everything matters. don't you see? nothing matters unless we make it matter. no person is born with anything that matters. we have to choose what does an doesn't matter. we put value on life, family(whomever you identify as family), and happiness because they bring us warmth and security. you choose what brings you meaning. stop asking what matters in life because nothing does. start asking " what is it that i choose to make matter" because that is the only way you will ever find an answer. your truth is what you make it. there are no definites besides the definites to questions like that other than that which you build for yourself.

what matters to me? family, every living thing, every nonliving thing, reality, fantasy, spirituality, health, happiness, achievement of dreams, sustaining of the earth, growth, being in touch with emotion and connections, peace, light, knowing yourself.

why?

because i choose those things to mean something to me. that is what i choose to value.