Sixteen and Dreaming | Teen Ink

Sixteen and Dreaming

By slightly_obsessed BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
slightly_obsessed BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia

Personally I think its a little insane how different everyone is. The differences start from physically and go all the way to mentally and emotionally. By looking at a person you've never seen before to looking at someone you see everyday, just think, what do you really know about them. You might know the basics, but internally everyone comes with baggage. Baggage that can be emotionally eating at them inside and know one would ever know. We tend to bottle are feelings up, until we just cant hold anymore and they come flying out at the worst possible time. Sometimes we just cant stand being alone, even if we aren't, we feel like it's just us against the world. We grow up listening to people say "don't rush getting older" when most of us still do. As children we don't have a care in the world, then we go into one of the hardest stages a person will go through in a life time, being a teenager. For some reason being a teenager can get very difficult, it can go from loosing a parent when you realize you need them most, to having a bad home situation with an abusive parent, to having your world fall apart in so many different ways you feel like know one will ever understand. Older then that, honestly I wouldn't know, I'm stuck at the pathetic and awkward age of sixteen. You hear about peoples lives being turned around at this age, pretty much any age, but for some reason sixteen usually comes up more. The things that happen to us at this age we react to, as if we don't care but deep down its all building up, we refuse to talk about it until we need to and know one is their to listen. Sixteen is also the age we start dreaming, dreaming about are dreams. The dreams that we hope one day will become a reality. We hope that one day we might be someone, someone important, someone that can make a difference. People tell us that are dreams are one of the most important things a person can have, that is and can stay their own. As a teenager we dream, we dream a lot, what we will or can accomplish, and what will be of us in the years ahead. Dreaming is one of the easiest things we can do in life, fulfilling those dreams is the hardest.

Moniba BRONZE said...
on Jan. 30 2014 at 3:11 am
Moniba BRONZE, Karachi, Other

"My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is evil. The other is good.
Which wolf wins? The one you feed."

Hello, I completely agree with everything you've written and I have to say you've expressed it well. Just one thing, you've confused a lot of words with their homonyms. Words like know/no, their/there... A little editing would make this article even better ;)