Letting Go | Teen Ink

Letting Go

January 13, 2014
By TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other
TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other
25 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Cicero


How do you let go of something you really care about? A pen, some kind of special comic book, a poster of your favorite singer, an account on a social network, an autographed object, a photo or the person you most love. Love, in the dictionary it says that it means "a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person", this definition couldn't be wronger. Love is the unconditional feeling for someone or something. You don't choose to feel or for who you feel it . You just, feel it. But loving is not the problem. Forgetting love, letting go is the problem. But, how do you do it? You can just try to don't think about what you are trying to forget, but this doesn't work as the harder you try to forget someone the most you think about him/her. So the thinking option it's automatically crossed. You can try to pretend you don't care. But this will just kill you inside every time you see that person, besides, what will you win with that? Avoiding the problem option is crossed. You can just tell yourself, every second of everyday you hate that person. But that won't help you in any way, you will just feel bad and wish you could take those thoughts out of your head. The only thing you can do is to have hope. Hope that everything will be ok someday. Hope that one day, you will just feel good. That one day the feeling will just go. In the meantime, you just... You suffer, learn and look forward.... Because there is nothing more you can do.


The author's comments:
This piece is inspired on the most painful cause of being in love.