Take Control | Teen Ink

Take Control

By Bliss007 SILVER, Los Angeles, Other
Bliss007 SILVER, Los Angeles, Other

Marilyn Monroe

We all want to say good bye to the things. Things that disappointed us, things that get us heart broken, old habits, old loves, sad memories and even the happy ones... We all want to say good bye to leave the past behind us and move on. Because in life it is the only thing to do. The new year is coming up. With the new year also hopes are up high. Hopes for forgetting past and moving on, hopes for changing, being a better person, hopes for finding love, hopes for getting success... It happens every year over and over again. Hopes up than later hopes down.

Something good happens than turns into a disaster. We thought that we could leave the past behind us. Guess what? It comes to hunt us. I am not trying to avoid the full side of the glass. I am just warning myself to prevent anti-climax. The glass is always full. It is full of air. The problem is requirement. If we don't need to drink water than it is fine. The glass does not have to be full. If we are too thirsty it won't be enough. We will throw the glass because of our anger, break it and destroy it. There won't be a glass to call full or not. It is not about perspective. It is about controlling ourselves. Controlling our anger and our thirst. This is what we should do this year. Nobody is perfect. We will all make mistakes over and over again. This is life not a TV Show. Wicked things happen, we get hurt. There rainbows everywhere. If we can control ourselves we can make out this year too. The better we control ourselves the better person we become. Controlling ourselves will open the way to our aims.

This year wasn't that good to me. I couldn't control myself. I let myself break, get upset everything. I couldn't control love. Well, who can? But I could at least try forget and move on. Instead of doing that I let myself suffer. I made myself this unhappy, depressed person that I had become. I lost control. So new year will be about gaining the control again and not break. In the new year I'll learn how to say good bye and how to say welcome. I'll send sadness far away. I'll forget about the old loves and move on. I'll welcome new people, better people. I'll send the negation away. I'll welcome control. And the most importantly, I'll welcome happiness.