Astronomy | Teen Ink

Astronomy

By Natachia GOLD, Jefferson, Maine
Natachia GOLD, Jefferson, Maine

"Life's too short."
"If you don't take risks, you're risking more."

Don't you ever wonder what's beyond the Milky Way? Oh my goodness it's too much to think about. My mind can't handle the wonders and possibilities out there. I'm one of the few people who actually believe we have tiny green men floating around in cyberspace. Everybody has their own opinion(s), but you can't sit there and say that we're the most interesting planet, people, etc., in the universe. That's the biggest lie I've ever heard.

It's funny…. When I mention life forms from another planet, my father immediately thinks 'little green guys who are tiny and have antennas, like the ones from Toy Story. That's more of a fantasy, rather than a fact. I definitely believe that there are other life forms out there who are smarter than ours, indeed. We aren't too intelligent though. Our life basically centers around food, sexual contact of any kind, and of course little green slips of paper with a picture of the president on it. Oh, what a life.

Anyways…. I'm discussing aliens and outer space, not how ignorant the people in our world are to this day. I'm relentlessly wondering what it would be like to launch a rocket into space. It's not like I'll ever find out, because only the smartest people have the ability to experience it. It would be quite the experience, wouldn't it? Ugh, I'm dying to find out. Well, a girl can dream can't she?

If I could bring anybody into outer space with me, I'd bring a friend of mine whose fifteen or sixteen years old and already an astronomer by heart. This friend could name stars from other galaxies, and I could sit in the rocket completely speechless. I may have stretched the truth on that last sentence, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was utterly correct.

Outer space in my opinion, is more amazingly wonderful than words can simply describe. The complex universe is just filled with endless possibilities, and I'd love to find out what they are! I'd rather live on Venus, or an astroid, than live on Planet Earth. I'm entirely sure though that there is much more on Earth for us to see rather than what society shows us. I don't know, but what I can tell you is there is an endless amount to discover out there. I can feel it.