My Future Funeral This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Bury me in the colored leaves of September. No, cremate me. Spread my ashes across the unyielding rocks of Karak.

Make sure the air is crisp and chilly, enough to make your breath rattle hoarsely in your throat as you upend the box of ashes. Do not let my friends see this; it is your burden alone to bear. Read a few muttered phrases in Arabic and look towards the early morning sun in supplication. Allow time for the tears to pour and puddle in your desolate eyes. Scream in anger, scream in pain, scream in remembrance. Fill the silent world with your vocal despair. Go home afterwards and tell everyone how my ashes seemed to pool in the rock’s crevices, gently prodded forward by the wind. They will understand. They too were once comforted by miniscule observations when their loved ones died.

No, I will not conform to earthly expectations. I will not be there for you, watching you in this hour of mourning from the utopian heaven above; it is your time to grieve alone. You do not need an ethereal spirit peering over your shoulder, suffocating you with its presence.

Keep your head held high in your agony. However, do not fall prey to the mask of “I’m okay.” You are not okay. You are not inhuman.
Lastly, always remember: death is only inevitable, and immortality impossible. I will not be the first person to die, nor the last. You will experience death’s sickle for the remainder of your life, whether indirectly or directly. You will survive this, although I cannot say the same for myself.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 24 at 6:10 pm:
Wow. This is something I have never thought about doing so claps to your teacher who thought up the assignment. I dont know if you remember me but I used to read your work a long time ago...a really long time ago and at one point I think a line from one of my poems was in your quote section  of your bio along with Kait, Andy, Mckay and Hazel. Anywho, I didnt comment to talk about the past, but the future. This was really special. I loved all the descriptions and the end was phenomonal. I th... (more »)

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 10:38 am :
Oof, I don't think my last comment posted. Thank you! Sorry, school's been stressing me out, but I remember you guys XD Take care!

Ramona-the-phoenixThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 23 at 6:19 am:
YOUHAVE DONE IT AGAIN, KRASOTA....YOU HAVE AGAIN ENCHANTED, MESMERIZED, HYPNOTIZED ME.....you gave me goosebumps....it felt so real, as i was there at the scene....it does deserve to be published.....^_^ P.S. i also love linkin park, robert downey jr. and my mp3 player!!! ;) *_^

today at 10:37 am :
Haha, thanks Ramona <3

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:49 am:
Gorgeous work (as usual)! What wonderful word choice and phrasing! I love the mood, the meaning, the emotion.... This piece is so raw and impactful; it deserves to be published! Your fan, Lexy.

Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:35 pm :
Thank you so much! :) have a great day!