losing oneself | Teen Ink

losing oneself

July 6, 2013
By Missua BRONZE, Beirut, Alaska
Missua BRONZE, Beirut, Alaska
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
live and let live, do not judge, take life as it comes and deal with it, everything will be okay.


Rape is still a taboo subject nowadays in our country, but for me there’s nothing taboo about it. Rape is the act of forcing someone to do sexual acts against their will. So, this story is about Rape. This goes to all the girls out there who went through it and don’t know how to deal with its’ consequences.

So, we 16-year-old Lebanese girls are victims of unwanted sexual comments everyday. From cab drivers, to people walking on the street, to teachers sometimes and even police men. But Rape is a whole other thing.

Rape changes your perception on life for a while and sometimes forever.

Some people have a super nice memory that allows them to totally forget all about it, so the chock doesn’t come as fast, it comes in sort of flashbacks, a little at a time, so the person can somehow cope better with the fact that for a long moment his control and will were taken away from him completely. Others aren’t that lucky, the scene will haunt them for a great deal of time, and the smell of it, the essence of it will stick.

Rape is an animal’s act. No respect for the other’s will. So what if she doesn’t want to sleep with you? Find someone else who does. Find someone whom you can make love to instead. Don’t thrive for lust, thrive for love. Because raping someone won’t make you feel any better, that is IF you have a conscience. If it does make you release all your endorphins and feel the intensity of the sexual act then you’re a sick bastard no offence.

But the worst thing, is blaming the person you raped for your own actions. “You didn’t stop me” that’s the lowest you can go. You RAPED her, she didn’t want to get in a sexual act with you, you made her do all your sick fantasies against her own will, taking away all of her.
it’s nothing but your own fault and don’t you dare turning it against her.

One thing I want to make clear is it will all go away someway or another. If you’ve been raped not long ago you will find this hard to believe, and even insulting. But I promise you it will. The disgust you feel about yourself, the smell of the moment, the flashbacks, the dreams, the confusion, it will all vanish somewhere back in your memory (thanks again memory). You will surpass it, you will survive it, you will continue. Yes it may come back someday and you’ll remember it but you’ll remember also that you made it, that you’re the though one that faught her instinct to just swallow a bunch of pills or stick a razor blade in your wrist.

Be strong, we’re all here for you.