The Double Chocolate Cupcake

I think girls are too hard on themselves.

“I’m too fat to look good in that shirt” or “I can’t eat those double chocolate cupcakes today, maybe tomorrow after I exercise” or “I’ll never look as pretty as [insert preppy girl’s name].”

I’d be hypocritical if I said that I didn’t think that way at times. I mean, I’m a teenage girl, too; my hormones are bound to say, “Oh! There’s a mirror over there! Look at it! Look at it! I DARE YOU!” and shortly afterwards, “Ewwwwww! Did I really go out of my house looking like that? Wow, [insert guy’s name] will totally never want to see my ugly face again. I should become a hermit for the rest of my life (Hermit mode = ACTIVATED).”

Word to the wise: GUYS REALLY DON’T CARE THAT MUCH.

Shocker, huh? Sure, that doesn’t mean you need to exit your house/apartment sporting a stylish bed-head and rocking those food-stained sweatpants and t-shirt (“I wear them every day! I just can’t remember the last time I washed them. Maybe it was a month ago...”). However, it does mean that you don’t need to be spending a whopping two hours just to impress The Guy; it’s unhealthy.

Trust me, if he cares that much about you, your breathing will probably impress him.

The lengths you go for his love will impress him.

Those little murmuring sounds you make when you sleep will even impress him.

Don’t sweat your imperfections, girls. If anything, those little imperfections are what make you perfect in The Guy’s eyes.

So next time you see that double chocolate cupcake, don’t worry about your weight; grab it with a grip worthy of The Hulk. And while you’re at it, grab one for me, too.

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 8:44 pm:
I love it!!!!! It is so uplifting and encouarging! :)

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:39 pm :
Thank you! :P

writefearlessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 30 at 11:50 am:
this is very relatable. you made it sound funny, sweet and encouraging. i love the message of the poem :) great job!

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 30 at 3:18 pm :
Thank you! :D

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 30 at 9:17 pm:
Perfection. 

Jul. 4 at 12:46 pm :
Thanks! :D

HazelGraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 30 at 9:14 pm:
This was very sweet and I defnitely enjoiyed it. Hhaha we girls get really carried away sometimes! Now that I think about it,,, theres a thing of cookie dough in my fridge...

Jul. 4 at 12:46 pm :
EAT IT EAT IT EAT IT! :D Anyways, thank you so much for your support! Have a great day!

HazelGraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 5 at 12:01 pm :
I did haha! you are so welcome you too :)