War, Social Structure, and Anarchy | Teen Ink

War, Social Structure, and Anarchy

By Athena2013 PLATINUM, Meridian, Mississippi
Athena2013 PLATINUM, Meridian, Mississippi

War is barbaric. Driven by heated egos, clashing ideals, and primitive instinct, governments of countries or tribes or gangs argue in controlled environments then send the governed off to die. What's worse is that they do this in the name of the very ones that they send off to die. What does war accomplish? Momentary success? Numerous casualties? There is no pride in war.
Some governments say that they are trying to "secure freedom" and "protect". What freedom is there in death? What protection is found in war? If there must be death, let it be of the oppressors.By 'oppressors' I mean anyone who detracts from each individual's ability to act in any way they please so long as it does not physically or physiologically harm another. One problem with that though...If we were to remove all oppressors, would we be left in a state of anarchy? where each person is governed by impulse and instinct? To remove all oppressors is to eliminate social structure. What do you think this existence would be like?

Please comment. I am quite interested as to what others think about this.