Sticks and Stones | Teen Ink

Sticks and Stones

By Lost_In_Space BRONZE, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Lost_In_Space BRONZE, Mt. Prospect, Illinois

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
-Albert Einstein

Sticks and Stones may break my Bones but words will never hurt me.

Ask Someone on the receiving end if this is true, because it is not. Broken bones will heal, but the words said will stick forever is more how it should go.

You can say anything that you wish but ...

You don’t know what its like to be me

What my past was like

What got me to this point in my life

To feel lost

To feel hurt

To be on the edge of being broken ...

This is middle school, maybe not for me but some kid out there knows what I’m talking about.

Kids will be kids they say...

Maybe you should raise your kids better

Treat others how you wish to be treated others say...

Maybe if everything they did to others happened to them to, maybe it would stop

Unless you have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all...

That won’t happen without duct tape, everyone knows that.

Something made me this way. Go ahead and judge me if you would like. See how I react. If you know my name thats a start, but if you don’t even know that, why should I care what you think about me. If people judge me before meeting me I don’t want to be around them, could care less about what they said. This is an attitude that takes time to develop, but it is one of the best strategies in life to know, because in the end, it will make you stronger.

Time heals all wounds... isn't always true

All school year we have talked about bullying and what to do if you are, but they never tell you what it is like, and this ... gives you a little insight on in.

Csquared GOLD said...
on Jul. 20 2013 at 11:09 pm
Csquared GOLD, Lexington, Massachusetts
I really liked your last 2 paragraphs. The 2nd to last paragraph really helped sum up the entire piece. And the last line was the perfect way to finish, tying everything up with a bow.  I think that your message can also apply to regular life. You don't know what a person has been through, so don't judge, and don't talk about things you don't know about. Great job!