Expectations | Teen Ink

Expectations

By OcelotWarrior PLATINUM, Micro, North Carolina
OcelotWarrior PLATINUM, Micro, North Carolina

When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you or you can let it strengthen you.

Do you ever get that feeling that everybody is wrong for you? A guy you thought you loved, you lost feelings for. A relationship you wanted to work but you know it won’t. A lifetime of dreadful memories that won’t disappear. Do you ever feel that feeling of true loneliness? Where you have no-one you trust to talk to and everyone you trust isn’t there. When your mind wants to be happy but there is nothing to be happy about. Every friend and family member you have pushed away. Every thought that ends with you being alone and hurt. Do you ever wonder what you were meant to be? A doctor, a teacher, an engineer. You feel like you were going somewhere and you feel like you screwed up your whole life. There is no start and no place to end. The feeling you don’t belong in this world. That dreadful nightmare when people ask you what you want to be. Do you ever want to scream and cry but hide is away? A hopeless nightmare that doesn’t end. Endless pain and there is nothing to gain. A darkness where you can’t shed a single tear but are flooded with thoughts. Do you ever just wish you didn’t exist, and were an angel creating bliss? Do you ever just need a simple hug but no-one is free for you? Do you ever need someone who doesn’t exist? Do you ever want an explanation for everything you feel? Do you ever just wish you were dreaming? I feel each of these pains, every last bit.

A recent feel for the depths of my life.