Decisions | Teen Ink

Decisions

Kids are accused of making very bad decisions and it is proven that they do by doing drugs and drinking, vandalism, and stealing. Parents like to make reasons and blame for kids’ behavior, but they need to take control and explain to their kids the consequences. Drugs and alcohol at parties and school can get kids in extreme trouble and ruin their education, but it seems to be a decision many kids make. Smoking is a top offender that can ruin kids’ lives when they get older and cause multiple cancers and lung and throat diseases. Even though most kids realize these consequences, they still smoke because they think these things won’t happen to them, but of course it will. Vandalism is something kids do often when with their friends. At sleepovers or parties they may make the impulsive decision of egging or toilet papering homes or mailboxes. Another common thing vandalized is school property whether it is losing books or writing on walls or stall doors in the bathroom. This is often done for popularity or to be cool or even just for fun, but it can cause many problems for kids’ futures. When kids don’t have money or just don’t want to pay for something they steal things like candy bars, common household items, or hygienic products. Stealing is very bad and can get kids in serious trouble with the law enforcement and can go to jail. Cars are another thing often stolen for fun or to prove something like that they are cool or worthy. Kids are accused of making very bad decisions and it is proven that they do by doing drugs and drinking, vandalism, and stealing because they see their role models doing these things and getting away with it. Kids need to realize the consequences of doing these bad things and think about the effects of it on their future before they make the mistake.