Being a Leader | Teen Ink

Being a Leader

By JacobHaddad GOLD, Lincoln, Rhode Island
JacobHaddad GOLD, Lincoln, Rhode Island

\\\"As Harry looked at her, he lowered his hand absentmindedly and touched the lightning scar on his forehead...The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.\\\" (J.K. Rowling)

In a country with so many people, it is crucial to have leaders to organize society so it does not get out of hand. As a Boy Scout, I know what it is like to be a leader. Being a leader is challenging in that it takes extra work and a reward in the success others can get from a good leader.

In just a few days, I will be executing my Eagle Scout Project. This is the pinnacle of my Boy Scouting career. Leading up to the project, I needed to obtain all of my materials and get volunteers. On the day of the project, I will have to lead everyone to do the tasks I have set forth. I know that I will not be able to be everywhere at once, but I still have to sufficiently explain to everyone what to do and supervise them. I know that I will need to lead by example and show them what to do. I also know that it will be challenging. I am already very stressed out from just obtaining the materials. Having to supervise everything at once will be very hard. However, I am confident that it will all turn out well in the end. That is the reward of being a leader. Seeing a project get done, and also seeing the people led have a sense of accomplishment, as well as learn valuable skills.

Being a leader is probably one of the most challenging, yet necessary jobs in this country. Leaders show the next generation how to get something done. That is what I hope to accomplish during my Eagle Project as well as the rest of my life.