How Technology has Affected Our Culture | Teen Ink

How Technology has Affected Our Culture

November 12, 2012
By heatherkizziar7 BRONZE, North Little Rock, Arkansas
heatherkizziar7 BRONZE, North Little Rock, Arkansas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Follow your dreams, don't let anyone tell you different!"


“How technology affected our culture?” Most people want to put their headphones in and listen to music rather than listening to another person. Videogames isolate all things from the world. Most people prefer technology today, just because that is all they know. Today it’s all about touch screen cell phones. Technology just isolates people from reality. People now a days don’t know how to communicate in real world situations like personal relationships, problem solving and exhibiting adult behaviors. Electronic components have changed a generation of young adults. Plus, parents today have been less strict on their children. It has made certain individuals more greedy and lazy. If a child walked out of the house with a rock star outfit on, a parent should tell the child to go change. Parents don’t do that anymore. Instead they say, “If you get in trouble at school today don’t blame me”. Older adults would agree that they never had this stuff, and they actually went outside and did something. Heather’s parents would say that they were ALWAYS outside playing, whether the weather was hot or cold. Playing soccer in the heat or having a snowball fight during the winter cold with their friends. If people didn’t want to go outside they sat down, read a book, played cards, or even drank cocoa. Soon, every person in the world will have robots or something that will get a soda from the fridge, so people don’t have to get their butt up and walk. Technology has negatively influenced the world.


The author's comments:
What made me really want to write this is because people will freak out if they don't have their phones, laptops, or TV.