Perception of Chaos | Teen Ink

Perception of Chaos

By jcmoran05 BRONZE, Fort Drum, New York
jcmoran05 BRONZE, Fort Drum, New York

"I am not apart of the problem. I am a Republican." - Dan Quayle

In our society, to succeed you have to be like-able. The only way to come across as like-able is to lie. That’s the world we live in. No one can be real and be liked. That brings forth too much controversy. As much as we hate to admit it, no one can be too diverse. We can’t do that. We live in a world where we need control in as much as possible. Too little control means too much chaos. Chaos entails destruction, and destruction is a bad thing.
But what if it isn't? What if chaos is what keeps us thriving? How many of us have stopped to truly consider what we have control over? We have control of when we wake up, but what if our alarm clock breaks? We have control of who our friends are, but what if they decided to leave us? We have control over what we do in school, but what if school and perfect attendance became mandatory?
Chaos is what keeps us in the balance. It hangs on the brink of total take-over in order for us to have order. Without chaos, there would be no order. I say we stop trying to have control, stop trying to be liked, and step back and realize the world we live in; a world on the brink of collapse. If I learned one major thing from this past Presidential election it's that Americans like to be in control too much. We've seen 4 years of President Obama and we truly do not know what would come with Gov. Romney, so we stuck with our incumbent.
I believe it's time to change our ways; change how we think. It scares me to know that there are qualified individuals in the work force who won't go as far as the one who is willing to lie and pretend as much as needed to get to the top. As a society, we need to crackdown and do what we're saying we need to do. Accept people for who they are, not what we want them to be.
"Ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders." - Jewish proverb

I was planning a schedule for my day when I realized just how circumstantial life truly is. I hope the readers gain some sort of perspective on their lives and their situations.